Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy Holidays

My, my, my - where does the time go? I swear just yesterday we were hosting my stellar birthday party (which was in March), and here I turn around and we're less than a month from Christmas. Obviously when I was younger and people told me time flies by quicker the older one gets, they weren't lying. And I'm not even old yet!

If all goes as planned, 2 week from now I should be soaking up the warmth of a wood stove and the love of my family at our house in Wisconsin. This will be the 2nd year in a row I'll be making the trip back, which is nice considering the 1st 2 years I was out here I didn't get to go. My dad and brother are already there, and my sister and my mom will arrive around the same time I do. I'm completely stoked for the time there, although not so much for the drive. Speaking of which, I have to check plane fares tonight to see if I can book something that works with my timeline and won't break the bank. Update: flying this time of year will break the bank.

This weekend I'll begin my holiday baking. I have so many ideas for things I want to make it's ridiculous. There are certain staples my family will expect, but I always like to try out a new recipe or two just for fun. I'm happy to say they generally don't disappoint.

Tomorrow is the holiday party at the cycle shop that sponsors the Hogs and Heroes chapter Buppy belongs to, so we'll head down there in the afternoon to meet up with friends and enjoy some good food and company. I'm making chicken fajita dip, which is a recipe I tested out at our summer party. I hear it was great - it was gone before I got a bite. I thought I posted the recipe, but apparently I'm wrong. Once it's made tomorrow, I'll have to snap some pics and post about it.

Also on the agenda this weekend? Finish Christmas shopping, go grocery shopping, hit up the gym, laundry and possibly find a salon to touch up my highlights. Whew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it all. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!