Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bake Sale Lemon Bars

These lemon bars are one of the simplest yet oh-so-tasty desserts I've ever made. My brother, if not stopped, will eat pretty much the entire pan himself . . . in one sitting. When I introduced Buppy to them, I found the same to be true.

The recipe comes from an old issue of a Taste of Home magazine. I don't remember the first time I made it, but it's definitely a recipe that I marked as a keeper from Day 1. Citrus-y desserts are so nice in the summer, or any time of year that matter, as an alternative to chocolate things. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but it's nice to mix things up with recipes like this sometimes too.Bake Sale Lemon Bars
Recipe from Taste of Home

1 ½ c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. confectioner's sugar
¾ c. butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ c. sugar
3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
¼ c. lemon juice
Additional confectioner's sugar

Combine flour, sugar and butter (first 3 ingredients listed); pat into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan and bake at 350F for 20 min. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy; pour over the hot crust. Bake at 350F for 20-25 min. or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar; cut into squares. Yield: 3-4 dozen.


Easy and delish --- love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!