Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mini-Vacation is Coming Up (and a dip recipe!)

Buppy and I get to have our 2nd mini-vacay soon, on Monday. The week of the 19th, he went to Ocean City for a work conference and I met him there Wed. night after work; we got to spend Wed. night, Thurs. and part of Friday soaking up OC. It's off season now mind you, but it was still fun to see the sights and the ocean. It'd been too long since I'd seen the ocean!Come Monday, we'll be driving up to NYC for the Iron Skillet competition. Buppy does some part time teaching work for a friend of his and that organization's biggest fund raiser is Monday night. They pit well known NYC restaurant chefs against NYC firehouse chefs and my favorite restaurant (Carmine's) is competing. Plus they thow in some booze, and since it's high dolla, we all get pretty for the night. Now if only I can find a dress . . . tomorrow! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to hunt one down. I searched today, but everything I found screamed 'prom' or 'homecoming', and that's not exactly the message I'm looking to convey. I need something classy, something elegant; unfortunately it's not the time of year where stores have a lot in stock. Well, wish me luck!

On another (and completely unrelated) note, I came across a recipe today for a dip that I've made several times that is stellar. Not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but really good. I took it to my holiday Christmas party at work last year and had several people come up to me to tell me how much their entire table enjoyed it. I promised I'd email out the recipe, but forgot. It happens, whatever. Yeah, about 3 weeks later I was asked again if I could email it out. I guess when something is that tasty, you don't forget it. This time, I delivered.

From what I can tell, this recipe appears to be a spin off of a Hidden Valley one. I can't remember where I found it, as I was in that "who cares where you get a recipe, why bother to write it down" phase. Sorry! But it's simple, quick and great with crackers and/or veggies.

Bacon & Cheddar Dip

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
½ c. milk
½ c. mayo or Miracle Whip
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 c. bacon bits

Combine first 5 ingredients and fold in the bacon. Refrigerate at least 2 hrs. before serving; best if let set over night to develop flavors.

Hope you enjoy it as much as Buppy, my coworkers and I have!


*Update: I'm linking up to Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap for this week, Feb. 4th, 2010, and the theme is "Superbowl or Other Party Food." I can't wait to see what others contribute; I love party foods! Stop on over to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe been around for a while but I've not made it! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!