Sunday, January 31, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Have you ever had buffalo chicken dip? I hadn't until I met Buppy. It's one of the yummy foods he's introduced me to, and I really appreciate that. It's not a complicated dip by any means and is pretty quick to come together. This would be an awesome addition to any Superbowl spread, trust me. If you like chicken wings, you're gonna love this dip. Buppy often eats it with flat bread, but I also discovered that it's crazy-tasty with celery sticks. Makes sense, right? You usually get celery sticks when you order buffalo chicken wings at restaurants, so it just seemed like the right thing to do. Besides, this helps me feel just a scoach more healthy. Yeah right.

Since I just recently blogged about how I'm trying to cook bone-in chicken in the crockpot to shred for use at a later time, this would be the type of recipe where I'd use the chicken. Because seriously, canned chicken just isn't quite right.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
No idea where Buppy picked up this recipe, but I'm sure there are a zillion different places it can be found.

8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 lbs. of chopped or shredded chicken
3/4 c. Frank's Red Hot Original Hot Sauce
1 c. light/reduced fat ranch or Bleu cheese dressing

Heat cream cheese, hot sauce and dressing in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth, creamy and a somewhat orange-y color (doesn't that just sound healthy --- "an orange-y color"?) Add chicken and continue to heat until heated through. I added chopped pickles on top as garnish and to add a little bit of crunch; I must say they were a nice addition. Serve with Tostitos, flat bread, veggies, crackers or whatever else you can think of to dip.

I'm really surprised by some of the things Buppy has introduced me to that I'd never heard of/tasted previously. Was I living under a rock? Whatever the case, my recipe repertoire just keeps on growin'! Enjoy!
This is being linked up to this week's Ultimate Recipe Swap for favorite holiday foods. Buppy & I are excited to introduce this to the rest of my family next week when we head to Wisconsin for Christmas. My brother is pretty psyched for this, and Buppy's excited to be able to devour more of it, too! Check out Life as Mom’s blog for more great holiday dish ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!