Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Roasted Asparagus & Mushrooms

If you’re in the mood for a fantastic, healthy and easy side dish, this recipe is for you. While I’m not sure where I picked it up, I can definitely vouch for its tastiness. Buppy and I have made it several times, both for ourselves and for company, and it’s always well received.Roasted Asparagus & Mushrooms

1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
½ lb. fresh mushrooms, quartered
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced [we’ve also used dried in the past]
2 tsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Place the asparagus & mushrooms in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with rosemary, salt & pepper; toss well. Lay the asparagus & mushrooms out on the prepared pan in an even layer; roast in the preheated oven until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes. Viola!

We’ve also substituted Mrs. Dash’s garlic & herb seasoning for the rosemary with delicious results. In fact, I think that’s what we normally use nowadays. Well, whatever spice[s] you favor, the roasted veggies will no doubt be wonderful. Enjoy!
Asparagus is definitely my favorite veggie. Photo courtesy of Fistfulofcoupons, found at photobucket.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!