Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still Alive & Kickin'

I’ve been busy. I’ve been lazy. I’m a slacker at heart. ‘Nuff said.

So what’s new here? Well, my biggest news is that tonight I’ll be interviewing for a position doing almost exactly what I do currently, but in the same town I live in. Meaning the possibility of no more 45+ minute commutes to work on the beltway. Possibly no more 2 hours stuck in traffic on back roads on the commute home. Perhaps not feeling like way too much of my life is consumed by fighting traffic. But we’ll see.

To be honest, I’ve been “looking” for a new job for the past few months. I visit the appropriate web sites, see if I’m qualified, etc. I just haven’t gotten around to actually applying to any of them yet. I said I was a slacker, alright?! Interestingly enough, this venue sought me out. I applied with them at almost exactly the same time I applied with my current employer last year, but the position they had available suddenly became unavailable when the person who was leaving decided to stay. What can ya do? Anyway, I received an email last week asking if I was still interested, and I sure am. For a wide variety of reason, included but not limited to the whole commute thing. But enough about that. I’m not holding my breath, but a change of scenery wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Other than that, Buppy & I have been keeping busy. I went to my first RenFest on Saturday. We found an amazing champagne brunch on Sunday which, I might add, was half price because Buppy was smart enough to snag us some coupons when it appeared on Groupon. Thanks Groupon --- it was a great time! Between the champagne, mimosas, prime rib and eggs benedict, I left a very happy girl. We’ve also got a poker run [motorcycle ride?] coming up for Buppy’s work and a Halloween party coming up within the next few weekends. Good times.

I’ve been keeping busy in the kitchen. We made a rotisserie chicken last night and had mashed roasted-garlic potatoes and gravy and a large salad, too. Since I’ll be home late tonight, Buppy’s feeding the kids some frozen pizza and we’ll have steak salads when I finally get there. Tomorrow I’m going to try out a beef & mushroom stew recipe I found which I promise to post if it’s good. It looks good. Actually, it looks divine, and has red wine to boot! [Always a plus!] As far as meals go, I’m home alone on Thursday and still haven’t decided what we’re doing this weekend. There are simply too many recipes I want to try and too little time.

Busy, busy, busy!

1 comment:

  1. What happened with the job? Did you get an interview? I'm pullin for ya!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!