Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade Bread

As I said in a previous post, yeast and things that need time to rise intimidate me. With that being said, I miss my grandma's homemade bread (best bread ever!) and knowing what's in my bread. Since I'm currently unemployed, what better time to learn to make bread? I have plenty of time on my hands (not that I need much since I'm using a bread machine), so I got busy. Oh yeah, I also had a large bag of bread flour in the freezer that I bought . . . last year?

Bread Machine Bread
Source: allrecipes.com


1 c. warm water (110F)
2 Tbsp. white sugar
1 (.25 oz.) package bread machine yeast
1/4 c. vegetable oil
3 c. bread flour
1 tsp. salt

Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select "basic" or "white bread" setting and press start.

How simple is this? Buppy & I like this bread, and I'm thinking of adding spices to it in the future. Not sure what yet, but something to jazz it up a little. This makes really great sandwiches, and I bet it'd be good as French Toast, too. I don't really eat French Toast, but I'm thinking Buppy & the kids would enjoy it. Have to try that soon. Good stuff. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!