Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - January 3, 2011

I'm in the mood to start the new year out right, and being healthier starts with menu planning. We've got a decently full freezer and pantry, so the only things we should need from the store anytime soon are eggs, milk, lots of fresh produce and a few other small things (crackers at the moment).

Monday:
Mom’s meatloaf, mashed potatoes & green beans

Tuesday: Buppy is working overtime, so I'll most likely have a salad or breakfast for dinner. I like simple, although it could turn out to be a soup day if I get ambitious.

Wednesday: Grilled rib eye steaks (marinated in a steak & chop marinade we have in the fridge), baked potatoes with light sour cream & chopped green onions, and green salad

Thursday: Buppy's normal overnight at work, so another simple, healthy meal alone for me. I have a lot of smoked fish that my parents sent back with me after Christmas, so I might flake some of that up on a salad. Sounds delish to me!

Friday: Oven-roasted pork ribs & sauerkraut. Not sure about a side dish with this one yet. Cooked carrots will most likely win.

Saturday lunch: Something simple, like tuna salad, tuna cakes or a ham sammy. Fresh veggies or fruit usually accompany lunches.
Saturday dinner: Grilled Italian sausages with sauteed onions & peppers. I also want to try
"healthified" crunchy Asian slaw from eat better america. Could be a winning combo, eh?

Sunday lunch: Again, something simple. Lunches aren't usually a lot to fuss about here. Soup might work well on Sunday.
Sunday dinner: Since we have so much beef right now, we're going to have a grilled steak Caesar salad. I'd like to try to make my own authentic Caesar salad dressing, but we'll see how ambitious I get. It's the whole working with anchovies thing that scares me. We'll see.

Happy New Year to all --- enjoy 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Grilled steak caesar sounds good. I might have to make that for lunches next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!