Monday, February 28, 2011

Free Soup & Sammy

Here's a big thank you to IHOP for a warm bowl of creamy loaded potato and bacon soup, along with half of a hard to eat crispy double BLT sammy for lunch for free. My birthday is coming up soon, and while I don't frequent their restaurant by any means, I signed up to be part of the pancake revolution (their wording) and they emailed me a coupon for a free Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity breakfast. Luckily, it said I could order something of equal or less value, because I'm not a pancake/French toast/waffle gal. My soup and half sandwich combo was the same price, so my meal was free (excluding tip). There are a surprising number of restaurants who offer discounts or free meals for birthday folks, so check out your favorite restaurants and see what you can find. Or Google it like I did, 'cause that works too!

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good! If you had to pay for it, would it have been worth it? I don't think IHOP when I think of lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was $6.79, and while it was good, I'd probably rather pay $5 for a Subway sandwich. Just my personal opinion. I don't think of IHOP for lunch either, but I checked out their menu online prior to going to make sure there was something other than breakfast food available. Can't beat free though.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!