Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Coupon Ninja, Again

 Most of the time, shopping sales and paying attention to a coupon here or there pays off. Sometimes, it really pays off. For the past few years, I've read blogs that detail how to get the best deals at stores like Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens and Target. Problem is, a lot of the items that are deeply discounted or free are items that we'd never use. No, I don't need a box of Prilosec even if it's 75% off. No point in picking up something that's gonna collect dust, unless it's something that's 100% free and I can donate to charity, like toothpaste. This past weekend, on my way home from a job interview, I stopped off to pick up a few things.
I'm uber pleased to report that, at Rite Aid, a Thermacare back wrap (1 ct.), 60 count box of NoDoz, small peanut butter Snickers bar and 2 cans of Bumblebee tuna cost me 12 cents. To be fair, I should also say that I paid 12 cents and got back $2.88 in UP rewards to use on future purchases, and I'll also get back a $6 Single Check Rebate at the end of the month. I'm really bad at math in my head (just ask Buppy, he'll totally vouch for that), but I'm fairly certain I made $8.75 on that transaction. Free money: it's good stuff.
I also stopped at CVS because I needed a new mascara. I paid $1.58 for the mascara and got back a $4 Extra Bucks coupon for a future purchase, so again, I made money. $2.42 to be exact! Could I be any more of a coupon ninja? Well, not that day my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!