Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - April 4, 2011

Whew, I'm back from my short break from the blogsphere. My sister's visit was jam-packed with fun, keeping me out of the house and away from the computer for a few days. Now? Back to the grind, a.k.a. menu planning (done yesterday, but I'm just getting it up now).

Monday: Taco mac 'n cheese and garden salad

Tuesday: Turkey ham and roasted asparagus quiche with a shredded potato crust (using this recipe as a general guide)

Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner, so either savory waffles or stuffed crepes (haven't decided yet)

Thursday: Alone time, so leftovers or a sammy most likely

Friday: Panzanella salad (from my newest Taste of Home mag)

Saturday Lunch: Sammies with fresh fruits and/or veggies
Saturday Dinner: Steak and veggie kabobs

Sunday Lunch: Sammies with fresh fruits and/or veggies
Sunday Dinner: Pork carnitas (a slow cooker recipe, also from my new TOH mag)

Nothing too wild and crazy, but a few new recipes are mixed in. I've never made panzanella salad before, and this recipe adds beans for some bumped up protein; perfect for a meatless Friday night dinner. The carnita recipe sounds super tasty too, so I'm excited to give it a whirl. I love that most of these recipes contain mainly ingredients I already have on hand, which is always a bonus. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!