Sunday, January 8, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - January 9, 2012

Alright, back *hopefully* to normal speed here now that the holidays are over. I returned from Wisco last week after a thoroughly enjoyed vacation to see my family, but then was out sick from work on Thursday and Friday. While not 100% better - I have constant issues with my stomach - I feel like I'm making something of a comeback. Tomorrow we return to work, the gym and a week of planned meals. Here's what's in store . . . 

Monday: Homemade French onion soup, crusty Italian bread toasted for the croutons and melted Jarlsberg cheese

Tuesday: Ground chicken soft tacos and refried beans

Wednesday: Turkey cutlet Parmesan over angel hair pasta

Thursday: My night solo, as usual, and I have bacon in the fridge. I'm thinking BLT; they're so darn delicious!

Friday: Homemade pizza with pepperoni, black and green olives, onions, mushrooms . . . and whatever else I find to throw on that sounds good that night.

Saturday: Grilled steaks topped with blue cheese crumbles (or should I make my "light" blue cheese sauce instead?) served with a garden salad

Sunday: Pan-fried turkey ham steaks and potato-cheese pierogi
*Side note: anyone have a good pierogi recipe? My mom is stellar at making them, but I tried once and burned the outside without even heating the middle. Perhaps I wasn't supposed to deep fry them? Ah, my search continues . . . 

So there we have it folks. Welcome to the lovely world of menu planning for 2012 (yes, a week late).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!