Thursday, October 15, 2009

I *Heart* Baked Potato Soup

Since we all know I love soup, I won't go into detail about that love here. Today was definitely a soup day, but I didn't make any. How sad. Mmmm, shoulda made me some baked potato soup. I always order this if restaurants have it, and some are definitely better than others. The Houlihan's where I used to live uses a pretty darn good recipe. A few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try and used a recipe I found on Le Petit Pierogi’s blog. Her pictures looked yummy and I was excited; hers was adapted from allrecipes.com. This is a soup I plan to make often this winter to keep my family warm and satisfied. My only question about it is if it's freeze-able. It has half-and-half cream in it, which makes me wonder how it would thaw. Would it become grainy? I don't know, so if anyone has an answer to that questions, please feel free to comment!

Instead of reposting her exact recipe, I'll let you find that
here and just tell you that it's super tasty. She has a fabulous blog, so explore it if you have some free time!

2 comments:

  1. Baked potato soup is one of my very favorites - yours looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm so flattered you liked the recipe and my blog! Thanks so much! The soup looks amazing! I haven't made this in a while and now that it's getting colder again I think I need to! :) Thanks again and great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!