Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Nutcracker Ballet - Postponed

While it saddens me a little, the performance of the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker scheduled for tomorrow that Buppy & I have tickets for has been postponed until January 3rd. I'm so glad I checked their website instead of just assuming "the show will go on." Although we were looking forward to the show and a private dinner afterwards, it's safer to stay close to home and bake, cook, play outside, wrap presents, etc.

January 3rd will now become a much more hectic day as that's when we rescheduled our Christmas/Nick's birthday party celebration since we couldn't do it today due to the weather. We're now going to tell his family (since we're hosting again) that we'd like to do brunch or lunch rather than something later as we now have other plans for that evening. I'd hate for them to feel like we're rushing them or throwing them out, but at the same time, we're not going to miss out on the ballet performance. I'm sure everything will turn out alright . . . that is, if Mother Nature doesn't throw another curve ball our way (since this is the 2nd time we've had to reschedule Nick's birthday.) As Buppy said, "The poor kid'll never turn 5!"


While the show has been postponed, it only gives me more to look forward to the weekend of New Year's. And the weekend after that? Our hotel holiday party, and significant others are invited! We're going to have a killer menu, awesome DJ, drinks, gifts and loads of fun! I'm lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!