Monday, January 4, 2010

In with the new!

I know I'm a bit late at posting about resolutions. Oh well, it's my blog.

I've given them some thought, although not too much since we all know how well we actually stick with resolutions, right? But my thoughts don't really lead to drastic, life-altering changes; they deal more with my outlook on life and how I can change myself for the better. Here are a few I've come up with:

1.) Cook more at home. I'll admit that Buppy & I cook a lot at home, but I'll also admit that one of my coworkers at my new job has led me astray on more than one occasion. First it's sushi here, then a salad there, and before I know it, I could be up to $40+ per week, easily, on eating out for lunch. In my area, it's not hard to do. Plus, we have a ton of food in our freezer (thank goodness for a stand alone freezer!), so there's really no excuse. Buppy & I don't go out to eat a lot, and said coworker of mine was recently let go. Plus, I figure I've got full access to a full-service restaurant kitchen to reheat leftovers. 'Nuff said.

2.) Eat healthier. I'm doing better with this so far. I love fruits and veggies, it's just a matter of actually packing them and eating them for lunch. And remembering to throw them in at dinner time as well is a step in the right direction. I love having a super produce market on my route to-and-from work. This will take a little tweaking, but we're headed in a good direction.

3.) Exercise more. Doesn't everyone make that resolution? My list didn't look quite right without it.

4.) Do more little things in life. Things that people remember, that make them feel good about themselves. Send a birthday card. Mail some cookies. Facebook a message. I'm pretty good at this right now, I must admit. I just want to continue to be thoughtful. Speaking of which, our friend's birthday is coming up on Friday --- what to make her?

5.) Do more big things in life. To me (unlike some people I know), it's never been about material things. Experiences are where it's at, and I want to do more. I live in an area where I have access to so much to do and so many things to see, I want to take advantage of all of it. The East Coast is fantastic! I'm only a few hours from NYC, the same amount of time from 2 dear friends, I work in B-more for Pete's sake, and I'm a quick metro ride from DC. And wherever I travel, I get the most awesome hotel discount ever! What more could a girl want?

6.) Be nicer to Buppy's kids. It's not that I think I'm a bad mother-figure in their lives. It's just that sometimes I'm a bit overwhelmed by their noise level and I tend to yell quickly. I want to have more fun with them while still making sure they develop into well rounded boys. They will, I have no doubt about that, thanks to their wonderful father. I just need to relax sometimes; whether they eat every last bite of broccoli isn't life or death. Deep breath, deep breath.

Hmmm. So I guess those are the main goals for 2010. Nothing huge. My commission side bar is also a goal, but that'll definitely take some time. This year is going to be a great one, I can feel it. I'm in the career I've been waiting for and I love-love-love it. My family is healthy and happy. I have a wonderful boyfriend. The list goes on. I wish everyone only the best for 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding it to your list! I just started blogging so this is all new to me. I love your last resolution - I used to be a middle school teacher and I would always be telling the kids to quiet down. I just don't like noise! Eventually they learned to be quieter.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!