Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Jan. 4

Hmmm, my menu plan for last week didn't go quite according to plan. I'll chalk that one up to it being a holiday week/weekend and try again for this week. We recently got 1/4 of a cow (yes, that includes 30 lbs. of hamburger for the girl who eats hamburger like, twice a year, along with a ton of steaks) and 10 lbs. of shrimp, plus we already had 10 lbs. of ribs, chicken, pork, sausage, brats, etc. in our freezer. There is no reason not to cook at home! Here we go:

Monday - hotdogs. (I'm alone.) My parents sent me natural casing hotdogs that can't be found out here, and I just had to indulge. I know it's the eat-better-new-year and all, but they were from my family and I caved. So be it.

Tuesday - Buppy's at work, so I'll have a sandwich (probably ham & cheese) and steamed broccoli crowns.

Wednesday - Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes. I didn't get around to this one last week, so I'll throw it into the mix again.

Thursday - Lasagna. I have one in the freezer already cooked, so all I'll have to do is pull it out, thaw it in the fridge the night before and then reheat that night. Ah, how I love simplicity!

Friday - Soup of some sort. It's supposed to snow that day and I'll either make French onion soup on Thursday night for Friday, or I'll pull some out of the freezer. I have 3-4 different kinds individually portioned in the freezer right now, so Buppy & I can each have what we want.

Saturday - I'm alone (Buppy's at work.) I'll probably have leftovers of some kind unless I get really ambitious.

Sunday - No plans, as it's my employee Christmas party at my hotel. Buppy was supposed to be working but he got the time off he requested --- yay! I get to help plan the menu, so that's a huge bonus. And the best part? We can stay there (for free) the night of the party if we don't want to drive home. Ah, perks; I love being management.

I still need to find a good Salisbury steak recipe though. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!