Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello 3-Day Weekend!

Happy Memorial Day all! Please remember why we celebrate; thank those who serve and protect and remember those that gave all. And stay safe!

Words can't even begin to describe how ready I am for this weekend. Work has been alright lately, but really, who can't use a 3-dayer every now and then? This girl sure can! I wish Buppy were off, but oh well. On the bright side, he was promoted this week to a job where he'll being working day shift [like us normal people] starting on June 6th. That means he'll be home every night and weekend, meaning all those nights I used to be alone, he'll be home too, but without the kids [yay, we finally get "us" time!]. And the weekends where I used to bum around alone --- a thing of the past! We'll now have those weekends to travel, be lazy . . . . basically do whatever we want. He's worked shift work for the past 15 years and I've become accustomed to my alone time and my freedom to travel [and not feel bad about leaving him at home since he was at work anyway], but hopefully we'll transition well. We never really got that whole "dating" period when we met, so this is it! I'm definitely going to have to kick up my menu planning now.

I don't have much planned for the weekend. I considered going down to VA to see friends who are heading to the beach, or up to CT to see friends there, or even over to OH to see my sister and go to Cedar Point. In the end, I decided I didn't want to fight traffic. My last trip down to VA was a good time, but traffic around Bmore, DC and northern VA [my entire trip, basically] was awful, both ways. Who knew 2pm on a Sunday afternoon was prime time to be on the road around DC? Not I, but I sure as heck know now! I'll be staying close to home on Sat. and Sun., doing some housework, laying out on the deck reading, cooking up some yummy food and possibly going to see SATC 2. A friend just saw it and rated it as "ok", noting that one could definitely wait to rent it. While I appreciate the heads up, I haven't been to see a movie in a theater in a long time, so I might go anyway. Or see what else is playing and pick a different movie. We'll see.

Monday we've planned a trip to Six Flags. I don't think we got around to going last year, although Buppy and I did hit it up the first year I was here. And there were no lines. I hate lines and will really go out of my way to avoid them. Hopefully Monday won't be too bad; everyone should be on their way home from vacay, right? That night we plan to go out for dinner to one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate Buppy's promo. Their cream of crab soup is quite tasty, but the real attraction is their prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with Parmesan and bread crumbs. These bundles of happiness are seriously amazing. Their one of the few things that I don't think I could make as well or better at home. The asparagus is cooked to perfection [not sure if it's steamed or sauteed or what] and the combo of everything is perfectly proportioned. And the fact that prosciutto is expensive makes me not really want to buy some, try it at home, be disappointed and be out the cash I spent on a high-quality ingredient. Plus, the restaurant is on restaurant.com, so I'm going to go pick up a $25 gift certificate for $2 and use that. Yesssssss.

So there we have it. Buppy has another surprise, besides his promo, but I'll wait until we have pics to post that. Let's just say I'm gonna have to get me a helmet soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!