Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Honfest 2010

And already I'm making plans for a weekend that I would have normally been alone ---- glad you're going to be home [sans kids] June 12th & 13th Buppy. We're goin' to Honfest!

What the heck is
Honfest? I bet that's what you're askin' yourself right now. I know that's the first thing I thought when I heard about it. Well, "hon" is short for honey. Women get all dressed up in spandex, leopard-print, leopard-print spandex, horn-rimmed glasses, beehive hair-dos and crack their gum like there's no tomorrow. They crown a Baltimore's Best Hon every year. They have bands and food and vendors. It's kind of hard to explain the background behind it, so click on one of the links above to read more about it and why it's celebrated.

It's a really fun way to spend a Saturday or Sunday, which is exactly what I intend to do. I have a large event at work that will require my attendance on Saturday the 12th, but then plan to spend a relaxing day roving around Bmore for some fun on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!