Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, I won't get scurvy!

Buppy and I tried a new recipe from eatbetteramerica.com last night that sounded tasty and got pretty good reviews. I think the fact that we used pork loin chops instead of chicken breasts might have changed the outcome, but then again, some reviews did mention that it was extremely lime-y. I love lime, so this wasn't really a concern for me. My problem with last night's meal was that the cilantro was completely overpowered, to the point where I couldn't even tell there had been cilantro in the marinade. I love cilantro, so that made me one sad panda.

What follows below is the recipe I used. For the original with chicken, go
here. If you try out the original, let me know how the chicken turns out.

Lime Pork
Adapted from
eatbetteramerica

1/2 c. lime juice
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
3 pork loin chops, approximately 1/2 in. thick
1 tsp. olive oil

In a resealable plastic bag, mix lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Rub pork with oil; place in same bag, turning to coat pork in lime mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours [I refrigerated it approximately 12 hours].
Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cover and grill 4-6 inches from medium-high heat about 8 minutes per side or until cooked through and juices run clear.

I think this would be great wrapped up in a flour tortilla with some home-made guacamole and/or pico de gallo. Or on a tortilla with cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives & sour cream. It definitely gives off that Tex-Mex vibe, but it needs fresh cilantro in my opinion. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!