Monday, July 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - July 19, 2010

Menu plan, menu plan, menu plan. Sometimes I feel like that’s all I do. I know it’s not, and it’s funny how much I struggle some weeks since I have a zillion recipes I want to try . . . it’s just a matter of thinking about them, and sometimes I’m forgetful.

This week Buppy is working overtime on Friday, so I’ll be alone 2 nights. We’re not really sure what we’re doing on Saturday either, so I figure I won’t plan past lunch on that day since we’ll probably be out with friends or spending the night somewhere else. Perhaps not, but we’re trying to figure out something fun to do this weekend.

Monday: chicken tortilla casserole [recipe I’ve had for a long time and used to make in college but have yet to blog about] & fresh pineapple

Tuesday: beef fajitas & refried bean
[we have a lot of fajita meat leftover from the party that needs to be cooked & eaten]

Wednesday:
Parmigiano & herb chicken tenders & green salad [yes, these tenders have been on the menu for 3 weeks now and we still haven’t gotten around to making them!]

Thursday: I’m home alone, so I’ll probably do tuna, hot dogs, a ham sammy, leftovers or breakfast for dinner

Friday: a repeat performance of Thursday night

Saturday breakfast & lunch: simple stuff around the house [eggs, bacon & toast, tuna sammys, hot dogs, etc.]
Saturday dinner: most likely out somewhere, so I’m not making any plans as of yet. If things change towards the end of the week, I’ll worry about it then.

Sunday breakfast & lunch: again, simple things we have around the house since that’s easy and what we pretty much always do. Oooo, BLTs sound great [we had those for lunch on Sunday and they were so tasty!]

Sunday’s dinner: I think I might try out a new recipe I’ve been eyeing: chicken & artichokes with a wine sauce, probably served over angel hair pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you'll get to the chicken tenders this week!! I looked several posts back and that snickers salad looks dangerous!! Very delicious though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!