Thursday, July 15, 2010

Snicker's Salad

This salad is fantastic, period. My dad would eat all "10-12 servings" in one sitting if I'd let him. The ingredients are few and the prep is relatively easy --- 2 things that I love about it. It's a great summer dish for picnics, but I also make it around the holidays or for potlucks anytime of year at work [old job, not this one; we're not really a potluck crew at this job.] I just ran across it and am thinking about making this for the party on Saturday instead of the pistachio fruit salad. It still has fruit in it, so I think I'm good!

Snickers Salad

1 [5oz.] pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 c. milk
1 [12 oz.] container Cool Whip, thawed
6 apples [peeled, cored and chopped]
6 [2.16 oz.] Snickers, chilled and chopped
¼ c. seedless grapes

Prepare the pudding using 1 c. milk and blend together with whipped topping. Add the apples, Snickers and grapes. Mix together and refrigerate until chilled. 10-12 servings.

See, how simple was that? And you could even serve this as dessert if you wanted to --- enjoy!


Update: I'm linking this to Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap for today, July 22, 2010. The topic is picnic recipes, and I can't think of anything better to bring along. Check out lifeasmom.com for more great picnic recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!