Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wisco - Top 5

What are the top 5 things to do [or at least that I did] while in Wisco on vacation? Here's my list, in no particular order....

1.) Eat Johnsonville brats grilled over a wood fire. Eat 'em as if you'll die tomorrow, because, well, they're that good. To be honest, they're good when we grill them here in good ol' MD too, but over the wood fire on my parent's porch . . . they're unbeatable. I've been a brat freak since I was knee-high-to-a-grasshopper, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know, but they rocked my socks.
2.) Meet with up the best friends a girl could ever have. I drove an hour-ish, they drove 2 hours [ish?], we met at the mall. Lunch was enjoyed, we window shopped, we let their kids play in the play land at the mall. A few hours together was definitely not enough, but better than withdrawal for a whole 'nother year!

3.) Have dinner at a fantastic hibachi restaurant in Green Bay with a friend I hadn't seen in over 3 years. I enjoyed a martini, some sushi, hibachi dinner, then some mixed drinks and few shots of Patron XO Cafe before saying our goodbyes. On the up side, said friend will be making a business trip to the Bmore area during the first few days of Sept., so we'll get to hang out a little more!

4.) Spent some super quality time with family, all of them. I hadn't seen my brother since March '08. My whole family [parents, brother & sister] haven't all been together for more than an hour or so since . . . well, to be honest, I can't actually remember when. It's been a long time. It was so enjoyable! We picnicked at a campground near our house, my brother introduced me to a new hiking trail [that we think is at least 53 miles long!], went shopping and simply hung out. Oh how I miss it already.

5.) Spent time with a friend I hadn't seen since 2001. We used to work together at Spencer's in the mall in Green Bay back in 2000, then I saw him once after that. We hung out, spent time with his totally wacky friends, had dinner at the most amazing little whole-in-the-wall taco joint and then walked along the water and saw the Tall Ships in Green Bay. Little did I know The Pride of Baltimore, usually docked in the harbor here, was in Green Bay for that event --- surprise!

It was a fantastic 8 days spent in Wisconsin, and hopefully Buppy will get to accompany me next time. Thanks to all who made the effort spend time with me while I was home; I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!