Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Winding Down on Tuesday

A quick bit about work here this evening. Finding employment under my old supervisor has been stellar thus far. The fact that they pay me quite well (for my industry --- I'm not making millions here folks) is huge. A new perk: a bonus structure has just gone into place. My commute is beautiful, although I'll most likely call it treacherous once winter hits. I pretty much love going to work.

Today my supervisor asked me how I'm liking things, and I told her exactly how I feel. She found me minutes later (on our way out the door) to tell me that the owner of the property recently called me "a breath of fresh air", and the general manager said they "upgraded" when hiring me, which says a lot because everyone loved the girl whose spot I took. I don't think there is a sincerer compliment, and I beamed as I pulled out of the parking lot.
Enough of the gloating. Onto more important matters, like what to do for Memorial Day weekend. I think, although I'm not positive, I have Monday, 5/30, off for the 3-day weekend. No kids that weekend (praise the Lord), so both Ocean City and Atlantic City have been thrown on the table. Gambling? Beaches? Six Flags (oooooh, already thinking that will be swamped)! Going to see my sister in OH? Hmmm, come to think of it, I wonder what she's doing . . . that has potential, although gas is outrageous. We could even hit up NYC, and possibly do lunch with my bestie bride-to-be Rhi-Rhi in CT. Oh pooh, now I've given myself so many options I have no idea how to make a decision. I need a coin with more sides! Or, as Buppy so kindly pointed out, a dice. What to do . . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!