Thursday, August 11, 2011

Safe Travels

I'm so glad I was able to make it home to see most of my family this summer. While my brother couldn't make it, my mom, dad, sister and I all had a great time. We went to Door County (tourist trap, but fun nonetheless), went swimming, went out for prime rib and just hung out. Oh yeah, and they grilled me brats --- yay brats!

Anyway, my mom leaves to head back to Alaska for another school year tomorrow. She flies out of Green Bay about 15 minutes after the entire Green Bay Packer team is scheduled to fly out of the same airport on their way to DC. Ugh. I hope the wait and security aren't too much of a bear for her.

Point of this story: my mom is an amazing, smart, funny, talented and giving person (who can really cook, too!), so I want to send her a huge shout out for her trip tomorrow. I think it takes about 22 hours or so for her from start to finish, and I wish her nothing but clear blue skies, no delays and no baggage lost. Love you mom --- travel safe and I can't wait to hear from you when you land safe and sound in Marshall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!