Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chocolate Truffle Pie

One of my coworkers celebrated her birthday last week and me, being the homemaker I am, volunteered something sweet for the occasion. The original plan was a chocolate-vanilla swirled cheesecake, but after hitting up the gym that night, I knew there was no way this girl was gonna whip up a cheesecake and stay awake the 70+ minutes it was supposed to take to bake. Nu-uh. Good call on my part. I know myself so well.

What came about instead was a chocolate truffle pie, recipe courtesy of the same mag the cheesecake was featured in. I think I should have served room temperature instead of chilled, but there were still zero complaints!

Chocolate Truffle Pie
Kraft Magazine Holiday 2007, pg. 25

1 1/4 pkg. (10 squares) Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. whipping cream
4 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
Whipped topping, optional, for garnish

Preheat oven to 325F. Place chocolate in a large microwaveable bowl and add whipping cream. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted. Stir until the chocolate completely melts and cool slightly. 

Add eggs, sugar and flour; beat with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour into a 9" pie plate that's been coated with cooking spray. 

Bake 35 minutes or until outer half of pie is puffed but center is still slightly soft; cool. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and serve. Makes 10 servings.

I received compliments on this from all coworkers who tried it; poor Buppy didn't get any. Pretty sure he would have loved it. Oh well, there's always next time hun! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!