Sunday, January 17, 2010

Apparently hard work does pay off!

My director of sales (DOS) came to me Friday to let me know that my 90 day evaluation is due. She won’t be in the office Monday or Tuesday as she’s down in the National Harbor at an ABA conference representing multiple properties for our management company, but she wanted to be the first to let me know that my hard work these past 3 months hasn’t gone unappreciated. She talked with our regional manager as well as our GM, and I was informed that I’ll be getting a raise. This came as somewhat of a shock since I’m well aware that we’re currently in a wage freeze until at least March 1st.

It’s one thing to love your job, another to be good at it, and yet another to have both. This job has been such a blessing and an opportunity. The experience I’m gaining is invaluable, especially since I can now list catering sales manager in the northern Baltimore market on my resume. From here, I only see thing getting better and better. What more could a girl ask for in a career?

A standard raise within our company is 5% of one’s gross income. Because I’ve worked hard to pull my weight since joining this amazing team, I was awarded a 7% raise that will begin with the upcoming pay period. Plus I’ll still receive my commission each month as well. While there have definitely been obstacles in my path thus far, I have no complaints about where things are headed. I’ve never before been so happy with a career choice.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you! I believe that its true what "they" say - find a job you love, doing what you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life!!! One day I wish to find your same happiness within a career. Well done! Getting to know you, it doesn't surprise me in the least that a "freeze" doesnt apply to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!