Friday, March 19, 2010

Cream Cheese Frosting

Remember a week or 2 ago when I blogged about my awesome carrot cake recipe? Buppy pointed out at that time that, really, what the heck is carrot cake without homemade cream cheese frosting? He's so right. I hate when that happens.

Anyway, the 2 pair so well together, and they're a perfect dessert for this upcoming Easter holiday. Rabbits eat carrots, right? And the Easter Bunny is a rabbit, therefore he eats carrots and we should too. Like my reasoning? I'm so darn sneaky. Make the cake. Make the frosting. You can thank me later.

Cream Cheese Frosting
I dunno where this came from

2 c. powdered sugar
2 [8oz.] pkgs. cream cheese
½ c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla then gradually add powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.

Wow, how simple, right? Yeah, until it took me several bad recipes to actually find one that worked. Definitely a keeper here folks.

Since it makes a little too much for the cake [unless you like a lot of frosting, like my brother], use the extra to make graham cracker-frosting sandwiches for dessert sometime. They're super tasty, easy and fun! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!