Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Exerci . . . I'm Tired

This is my 100th post on this blog; just thought I'd mention that. Hmmm, doesn't feel like a huge milestone for me as some bloggers make it out to be, so that's enough discussion about it.

So about this whole exercise thing. I've actually been really good lately and am on week 3 of biking on the recumbent bike at least 5 days a week. I started out at 10 miles a night, so with the addition of the cool down period, it was about 500 calories. I'm now up to 700 calories a night [which is about 14-15 miles] because of some stupid article I read that said the way to lose 1 lb. per week is to burn an extra 500 calories a day. Their example showed that you could cut your calorie intake by 200 and burn an extra 300 as a way to go about things, but I don't really count calories enough to do this.


I'm sad to say the scale has not tipped in my favor in the 2.5 weeks I've been doing this. I gave up potato chips for Lent [and most snacky foods like this, including Doritos, Cheetos, etc.], but it's just not budging. I must admit though, I do feel a little sexier. Who knows why. I think it's all in my head. But as much as I wanted to go home last night, have a drink and go to bed, I forced myself to get on that bike. And then I negotiated with myself the whole time, telling myself I could quit at 500 calories, but really, once you've hit that 500 mark, you might as well go all the way [so I told myself].

It's hard to stay motivated, but I've seen pictures recently of myself that aren't as flattering as I'd like them to be. That, and this bod ain't gonna see a bikini this summer if I don't tone up a little! I also started lifting free weights to tone up my arms, so I'll give it a month and see what happens. Just gotta stay motivated......

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the 100th post!

    With the exercise thing i find it easiest to just do what you can do, then do one more! so if ur dying on 5 reps of a weight... do 5 then try and push out 6. Doesnt sound appealing, but it does work and u will see the results. But deffinatlty give it a month at least.

    Will be worth it in the longterm, healthy living always is :)... Dont forget to spoil yourself every now and again though!

    Congratulations again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!