Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just Plain Bad For You

I love logging onto Yahoo and finding articles about some of the worst restaurant foods available to us, whether it be in sandwich, salad or entree form, found at a fast food or sit-down restaurant. I'm always up for the read and always cringe to hear the outrageous calorie counts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not miss healthified foods by any means. These restaurant dishes are just painful to read about though!

One of the things I've noticed is that several restaurants usually make the lists. Outback and Applebees are often contenders, but the one that I've noticed more often than any other is the Cheesecake Factory. Perhaps it sticks out to me because I've never eaten there. To be honest, I don't really have a desire to. Usual several of their menu items end up on the lists I read, and that makes me wonder: Is there anything even remotely healthy at the Cheesecake Factory? I guess the name itself should be taken as a warning. Someone recently sent me a link to a site that shows the calorie content for each dish, but it seems like choosing to eat there is like trying to navigate a mine field. I mean for Pete's Sake, the top 3 worst chicken dishes in America [what I was reading tonight] are all from this particular restaurant! No thanks.

And I'm sorry to say, Buppy, the Alice Spings chicken quesadilla made the list I was just reading tonight. I didn't even know Outback made his favorite dish into quesadilla form. I'm sure it's wonderfully tasty, but man that thing is bad for you! Which again comes back to one of the reasons we don't eat out very often. I can pack plenty of calories into my cooking at home without paying someone to do it for me. But on the other hand, I can also pick and choose healthier ingredients and cook them without adding 3 days worth of saturated fats to one meal. Yeah. I need to do more healthy cooking.

In case anyone else is curious, here's the link to the article that got me thinking about all this:
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/48389/unhealthiest-chicken-dishes-in-america-and-what-to-eat-instead/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I hope you also got the email with all the calories listed for everything on their menu. I was amazed that my usual Ahi Carppacio and side salad were of the least calories.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!