Friday, February 18, 2011

Lemon & Dill Salmon with Roasted Veggies

Wednesday night's dinner turned out fantastic. Really, really good. And super simple, too! Prep time was all of 5 minutes give or take, which always makes me happy.
Lemon-Dill Salmon
Adapted from allrecipes.com

2 (4 oz.) salmon filets
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice (yes, bottled is fine)
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Roasted veggies (optional side dish)

Preheat oven (or the toaster oven, which is what I used) to 350F. Wash salmon and pat dry. Stir melted butter, lemon juice, dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Place salmon on baking tray (or in a baking dish if going into a normal oven) and pour the butter mixture over the filets. Cover the tray/dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Move salmon to plates or a serving platter.

If serving with roasted veggies as we did (or steamed or grilled, if you prefer), toss the cooked veggies with the remaining butter/lemon juice mixture from the dish/tray you baked the salmon in. It lends wonderful flavor to veggies. No surprise there though --- it's butter!

Obviously my verdict is wonderfully delish. I know I should eat more fish, but it's hard with a freezer full of meat. That, and fish around here isn't exactly cheap. Well, catfish and tilapia can be found on sale for $2.99/lb. sometimes, but I prefer salmon and cod, both of which are much more pricey. I did find cod on sale this week though, so I'll be picking some of that up. I almost think I'd be willing to try this recipe with tilapia; the butter/lemon/dill combo was so wonderful, I think it might perk up just about any fish. Except maybe catfish, 'cause that just tastes like dirt to me.

Try this out with your favorite fish; I promise it won't disappoint in either taste or ease of preparation. Enjoy! Now . . . off for a walk on this beautiful Friday. Happy weekend everyone!


*Linked to Life as Mom’s Ultimate Recipe Swap for Thursday, 4/7/11. Her topic? Easy recipes.
*Linked to Miz Helen’s Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday, 2/17/11.

1 comment:

  1. We just love Salmon prepared like this with Dill and Lemon. What a great meal to enjoy. Thank you so much for bringing this dish to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!