Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Annual Bull & Oyster Roast

It was that time of year again this past weekend: time for the annual Baltimore County Fire Fighters Local 1311 MDA Bull Roast w/ Oysters. Whew, that's a mouthful! It's always a special time of year for Buppy and I since our first official "date" was this particular bull roast in 2008. Apparently I've been to 4 of them thus far (1 each year), but for the life of me, I can only remember the 1st one and last year's. Did we skip a year in there somewhere? Buppy thinks not and says we made it to all of them. Hmmmmm. Anyway, it's a great time where a bunch of us fire dept. couples get together, drive to Essex (where people watching is a sport) and enjoy a night of great food (pit beef, pit ham, pit sausage, clam chowder and a table full of sides like mashed taters), fun company, music, raffles and booze. You didn't think I'd leave out booze, did you? Ha! Until I moved to Maryland, I'd never heard of a bull roast, but now I know they're similar to steak and/or shrimp feeds in Wisco, so it all makes sense now. Here are a few pictures from our night out.
Buppy lookin' all sexified after loading all the leftover Jello shots (from my birthday party) into the cooler. Turns out, our friend made more, so by the time all was said and done, we had 200+ Jello shots at the bull roast!
This is suck and blow with jello shots in tubes. Mine (of course mine and not anyone else's) was stuck and wouldn't release. When it finally did, it somehow kicked back and busted my upper lip, which is still swollen and painful. I'm such a party animal!
Don't be fooled that she's not smiling; these 2 are definitely loveable!
He's retired from the FMFD where Buppy works, and we love that they still attend events with us. They're like super cool parents!
F and B here. His eyes are only that wide because in the picture I snapped just prior, they were almost completely closed. Good job keepin' 'em open this time F!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!