Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stickin' With It

While I haven't been diligent about blogging about my biking every week (like at the beginning of the year), I'm still sticking with the biking thing and keeping track of the time/miles I rack up every day. I try to make it on at least once every day; some weeks are more productive than others, but overall I'm uber proud of myself. I never stick with exercise this long! With that being said, I'm not losing a ton of weight really quickly, but it's slowly coming off. Again, I think the thing is to stick with it. Here's a summary of the year in general so far.

For the month of January, I biked 804.56 miles over 48 hours, 10 minutes. This breaks down to an average of 25.95 miles per day over 48 minutes.

For the month of February, I biked 490.57 miles over 32 hours, 48 minutes. Wow, looks like I totally slacked from January, but still, it breaks down to 17.52 miles per day on average, and an average of 32 minutes per day.

They say (yes, the ubiquitous 'they', which is always different depending on who you're talking to) a person should exercise 45-60 minutes a day 5 days a week, so I don't think I'm doing too poorly. If I were to listen to the commercial on TV telling parents to make children exercise 60 minutes a day, everyday, I'd feel bad. But I'll just ignore them. Plus there's the confusing talk about eating back calories after exercising so a person's metabolism doesn't slow down too much and go into starvation mode . . . . to heck with it all. I'm exercising at least 5 days a week, I'm eating healthy (ok, relatively) and I'm happy. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!