Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Coupon Ninja Struck Today

I had to go out for several reasons today. First, I had a coupon for a free spray tan that expired today. Second, I had several other coupons that expired today as well as several things to pick up that were on sale through today only.

First, the spray tan. My first time. I called ahead (so I wouldn't look like a complete schmo when I got there) to find out if this place was nude or bikini-necessary. It's a nudie since a booth sprayed me, not a person. Pretty easy, although I think I should have gone for the medium instead of the light, being as how I've already got some decent color from laying out for the past few weekends. Oh well, it added a little glow. And seriously --- what should have cost me $30 was free, so I'm not complaining, even it I didn't get quite as much color as I wanted!

From there, I crossed the parking lot and headed over to Walmart. I pretty much despise our Wally-World because it's always swamped, but I parked far away, took my time picking up a few things and walked out happy. They had Nivea body wash (men's and women's) for $3. I had 2 coupons for $3 off (one of each) --- you do the math. I also had a coupon for a free Glade Spring Collection item (candle, spray, oil, etc.), so I picked up a lime scented candle. Shopping trip at Walmart cost me 51 cents, which was tax only on the 3 items I purchased.

Out of the parking lot and across the street, I hit up CVS. I was there 2-3 days ago but forgot to look for their Dove men's deodorant on sale. I picked up 2 of them (orignally $4.99 each) for 99 cents each, and lucky me, I had 2 $1/1 coupons that Dove was kind enough to send me with my trial-sized items. I also found a 2-pack of Bic lighters, which I leave all over the house to light candles. I had a coupon for a free lighter (up to $4.99) and found the 2-pack for $3.99. CVS total: 30 cents, which again was tax alone.

The total for these items was 81 cents. All items were totally free, I just paid the tax. Woot!

The picture below is from a few weeks ago. Between sales, manufacturers' coupons and store coupons, I paid 7 cents for 3 boxes of stuffing and a Gold Bond body wash (that smells very refreshing!). Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!