Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Tentative Change of Heart (At Least a Little)

Maybe I did find my niche, more so than I thought at the beginning anyway. *knock on wood* While I don't agree with the way half the things are done around my office, I'm luckily in the best position to change them. My trainer's last day was yesterday, and today went much smoother. I think a lot of times when a person is training and getting ready for their new job at the same time, too much garbage gets crammed in. I can almost find the majority of my desk, my voicemail actually has my message on it, I correctly handled several clients today and everyone in my office is very helpful. On the home front? We were surviving with my unemployment alone for the past few months, but this move provides me with more than my base salary plus commission from my last position. That's a lot that I can hopefully save up! Plus, the drive is shorter --- always a bonus.

What have I again reminded myself of this past week? Not to give up on myself and others so quickly, especially when it puts me in a better position both career and salary-wise. That, and to be thankful for all the opportunities that come my way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!