Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good Times, Not-So-Good Times

Today, I have admitted defeat. Apparently, it's not my week. I suppose we all have those "days", but Monday, Tuesday and today were all like that. I won't go into great detail here and throw myself a pity party, but lets just say today I accidentally deleted our office printer from the server. Had to call for outside support, and he took over an hour to get to us. Yes, it was fixed by the end of the day, but I felt awful. Hopefully though (knock on wood!), the last 2 days of this week can only go up. I really hope that's the case.

My sister and a friend of hers are coming into town Friday night, staying all weekend, and driving home on Monday. I'm excited to see her; we usually coordinate vacations so we see each other 2 weeks out of the year. It's not enough family time, but what can ya do? I have a rotisserie prime rib roast planned for Friday night, along with some oven roasted veggies and probably mashed cauliflower. Haven't planned the rest of the menu yet, but I'm getting there. Her birthday is Sunday, so some type of fun dessert will make an appearance. Be sure of that.

I need to get back to posting about great deals and recipes. I miss both; not that both aren't still happening around here, it's just that I'm slacking in the writing department. If only this blog were a money maker. I'd be golden.

Below are a few pictures from our Random Nice Day BBQ Buppy and I hosted last Friday night. It was completely impromtu, planned on Wednesday afternoon. Turned out fantastic though. I love simple things like this.

A fellow firefighter of Buppy's and his gal. Her face is priceless, no?!
Gluttons for punishment that we are, we decided picklebacks sounded like a good idea. Personally - I drank my scotch straight, no chaser. Tasty!
Buppy refused the scotch and instead chose Tuaca. Yummy, too!

Singing in the kitchen. Apparently it was a good song, but neither of them can remember what it was.
No clue why one looks so hardcore - it's just his style. Good times were had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!