Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - February 15, 2010 (Late!)

Yes, I realize that today is Tuesday the 16th already and I'm just now posting my weekly menu plan, but so goes my week. Let's get to it:

Monday: [Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work] Scrambled eggs with celery, broccoli, mushrooms, green onion, ham & cheese served atop a toasted English muffin [this was so good!]


Tuesday: [Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work] Leftover country scalloped potatoes with ham. I made this last week, but honestly, it's not worth posting about or making again. I'm not keeping the recipe any longer. Boo.

Wednesday:
Onion beef stroganoff [new Light & Tasty recipe, I'll post if it's good] over pasta; steamed broccoli on the side

Thursday:
Crustless pizza quiche [we didn't get around to this one last week, so we're shooting for it this week]

Friday: Catfish [blackened perhaps?], steamed carrots and some sweet potato dish. We still have the one laying around from Thanksgiving, and it still appears good. Ugh. Why is it so hard to use up one freakin' sweet potato? On another note, I'm not Catholic, but since Buppy is and he's not supposed to eat meat on Fridays during Lent, I'm trying to work that into our menu plan.


Saturday & Sunday: [Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work both nights] I might head up to CT to visit a fantastic friend of mine this weekend, so no major plans for my dinners alone. If plans fall through and I'm home alone, I'm sure I'll end up with breakfast for dinner, tuna or something else at home. We have a lot of meat in our freezer to choose from, so my inner carnivore will definitely stay satisfied!

As for the
baked chicken teriyaki we tried last week from allrecipes --- I didn't like it. It was way too sweet for my tastes. We didn't baked it as the recipe said to but used it in a stir fry instead; maybe this had something to do with it, but I was so not a fan. Won't use that one again, even though it had 4.5 stars and 1,885 reviews.

I seem to have had more upsets lately than usual when trying new recipes. They sound good on paper and the ingredients are things I like, but somehow things go wrong when put together. We're trying 2 new recipes this week [stroganoff & the pizza quiche], so wish me luck on my upcoming endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!