Sunday, February 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - February 14, 2011

Last week's menu plan went fairly well. Friday night's meal was altered slightly because the Alfredo sauce in the fridge was . . . past it's prime, shall we say? We still made pizza, but it turned out to be fresh mushroom, onion and pepperoni instead. I forgot to add the green olives I wanted, but all in all it was a tasty dinner. Tonight's dinner will not go on as planned since we don't have any chicken breasts in the fridge/freezer and I'm not going to pick some up especially for this meal, so we've decided on breakfast for dinner, the good ol' standby. Yum. This coming week, here's the plan:

Monday: Pasta with spinach and bacon (I'll most likely tweak this original recipe to my liking based on some of the reviews, but this will be my general template)

Tuesday: Broiled pizza burgers (which again, I'll probably tweak . . . because I can), garden salad

Wednesday: Salmon with lemon and dill, roasted veggies

Thursday: My night alone, so leftovers or something simple like a sammy

Friday: My spin on garlic-ginger chicken, but I'll be applying the recipe to chicken wings and cooking in the rotisserie for crispness

Saturday lunch: Tuna sandwiches and fresh fruits/veggies
Saturday dinner: Grilled brats, baked potato spears

Sunday lunch: Ham and potato soup (using turkey ham)
Sunday dinner: Cube steak Parmesan with angel hair pasta (I might try to use whole wheat pasta, but we'll see)

The plan for this week is to utilize recipes that call for ingredients I already have on hand. Yes, I'll have to pick up a few items at the store, but for the most part, we have a really well stocked freezer and pantry, so purchases should be minimal. I know, I say that now. Hey, you gotta have goals, right? Let's see how well I can do. Today, I'm excitedly making zucchini bisque for lunch. Who ever thought I'd be excited for zucchini anything?!?! But I am, 'cause it's yummy!

1 comment:

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!