Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - April 19, 2010

I've been a serious slacker lately about menu planning, and it's resulted in a lot more "honey, can you stop and get this and this and this for dinner tonight" once we finally decide what we're having. I figured I had time yesterday to peruse my new favorite cookbook [which you'll see mentioned a lot for recipes this week], and here's what I came up with.

Monday: Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work [leftover refried beans & tortillas]

Tuesday: Pizza Boca burger, steamed broccoli, green salad

Wednesday: Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work [turkey sammy & veggies with dip]

Thursday: Bugaboo home alone, Buppy at work [breakfast for dinner]

Friday: Oriental pork cabbage stir-fry[from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty cookbook 2005]

Saturday
-lunch: in Gettysburg with Buppy's family [likely burgers & dogs, typical picnic fare]
-dinner: chicken mushroom casserole [from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty cookbook 2005]

Sunday
-lunch: white bean tuna salad [from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty cookbook 2005], English
muffins
-dinner: zippy burgers [yup, you guessed it, from the same cookbook!], easy Waldorf raisin salad [same cookbook]

I figure after I make each recipe from the cookbook, I can blog about it and let you all know if they're keepers or not. They look good, and I've liked what I've made so far, so wish us luck. A lot of the recipes are from this book because frankly, it's almost bikini season and I'm nowhere near where I wanna be. I'm going to give daily exercise another go and try and eat better as well. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, so please let me know what's on your mind!